For the last couple of days, the hashtag #SarkarStoryTheft has been trending among Twitter’s top Chennai trends. And the reason was the plagiarism allegations made by a young filmmaker named Varun Rajendran against Sarkar’s director AR Murugadoss.
Alleging that Murugadoss had copied his story ‘Sengol’ and made Sarkar out of it, Varun moved the Madras High Court, seeking a stay on the film’s release. But in a latest interview, Murugadoss has denied all the allegations.
Murugadoss said that the Writer’s Association didn’t read Sarkar’s bound script, but people have jumped to conclusions that Sarkar and Sengol’s stories were similar. “More than mine, Sarkar is a result of the hardwork of hundreds of people over a period of one year,” Murugadoss said.
Murugadoss went on to say that a few people are hatching a conspiracy against Vijay’s movies. “Even AL Vijay (Thalaivaa) and Atlee (Mersal) had faced issues before release. This must be a handiwork of some people,” Murugadoss said.
Articles that might interest you:
- Sarileru enters 30 Cr club; Mahesh’s never before record in Nizam
- Trivikram fulfilled my wish to score a industry hit with my father: Allu Arjun
- Pawan Kalyan’s Pink remake goes on floors
- Puri, Vijay Deverakonda kick-start Fighter in Mumbai
- Sarileru Neekevvaru’s 9-day AP, TG share: All set to enter Rs 100 Cr club
- Krishnam Raju’s two major revelations on Prabhas20