Tamil star Thalapathy Vijay’s highly-anticipated political drama, Sarkar, has finally hit theaters worldwide. The craze and expectations surrounding the film have been unprecedented.
Owing to the hype, Sarkar has had a record release across the US. Until the latest updates, the film’s Tamil and Telugu versions have grossed over $303K from 140 locations till 11:30 PM CST. The final premiere gross is expected to be around $315-320K.
This means that Sarkar has failed to surpass Vijay’s career best US premiere record set by Mersal ($404K) last year. The initial response for Sarkar has been quite mixed, and we will have to wait and see how fans will patronize the movie in this festive season.
- Interview : Akhil- Mr. Majnu is an entertaining love story laced with human emotions
- Sharwa’s romance drama with young director
- Nizam collections: F2 fares well; VVR into deficits
- Puri Jagannadh-Ram’s iSmart Shankar launched
- Kalyan Ram-Virinchi work on rural drama