Tamil star Thalapathy Vijay’s highly-anticipated political drama, Sarkar, has finally hit theaters worldwide. The craze and expectations surrounding the film have been unprecedented.
Owing to the hype, Sarkar has had a record release across the US. Until the latest updates, the film’s Tamil and Telugu versions have grossed over $303K from 140 locations till 11:30 PM CST. The final premiere gross is expected to be around $315-320K.
This means that Sarkar has failed to surpass Vijay’s career best US premiere record set by Mersal ($404K) last year. The initial response for Sarkar has been quite mixed, and we will have to wait and see how fans will patronize the movie in this festive season.
- Bhairava Geetha actress opens up about liplock scenes
- Sai Pallavi to romance Fahadh Faasil
- Dev gets a tentative release date
- Poll: Which of these upcoming December releases are you looking forward to?
- Mega hero’s next nears completion