After a decent success in India and overseas, Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan’s Secret Superstar released in China on January 19 to a thunderous opening. The film erased Dangal’s previous record and collected a whopping $6.78 million on Friday.
Continuing the storm, Secret Superstar went on to collect $10.50M on Saturday, crossing its lifetime Indian gross (Rs 83 Crs) in just 2 days. And on Sunday, Secret Superstar further collected $9.75M and ended up with a staggering $27.08M (Rs 172.85 Crs) opening weekend collection.
Secret Superstar is already second in the list of all-time highest grossing Indian movies in China, next only to Dangal’s Rs 1235 Crs.
Articles that might interest you:
- Bollywood actress’ Tollywood debut with Gopichand’s film
- Prabhas’s yesteryear heroine says he is the best
- Anjali reveals which aspect put a dent in her flowing career
- Change of producer for much delayed film?
- Stars have forgotten humanity during lockdown: Senior director
- Keerthy Suresh’s marriage rumours go viral