After a decent success in India and overseas, Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan’s Secret Superstar released in China on January 19 to a thunderous opening. The film erased Dangal’s previous record and collected a whopping $6.78 million on Friday.
Continuing the storm, Secret Superstar went on to collect $10.50M on Saturday, crossing its lifetime Indian gross (Rs 83 Crs) in just 2 days. And on Sunday, Secret Superstar further collected $9.75M and ended up with a staggering $27.08M (Rs 172.85 Crs) opening weekend collection.
Secret Superstar is already second in the list of all-time highest grossing Indian movies in China, next only to Dangal’s Rs 1235 Crs.
Articles that might interest you:
- Balayya and his team playing the clever game
- RRR postponement rumors not bothering Rajamouli
- Sandeep Reddy readies a subject for star hero
- National award winning film lands in major controversy
- Hrithik makes jaw-dropping profits from War!
- Operation Gold Fish has a dull first weekend