Sekhar Kammula is betting big on the success of his forthcoming film Anaamika. The film stars Nayanthara in a lead role and she’ll seen as a young woman who comes to Hyderabad in search of her husband. Harshvardhan Rane and Vaibhav Reddy have played important roles.
Recently, when the film’s trailer was aired, a lot of people were surprised that Nayanthara isn’t pregnant in the film. Considering the fact that Anaamika is the remake of Vidya Balan starrer Kahaani, this change in characterization triggered a huge debate. Talking to a leading newspaper, Sekhar Kammula said, “We didn’t want to do a frame by frame remake of the film. Besides, it’s a bigger challenge for Nayanthara because it’s easy to make the audience sympathize had she been pregnant in the film. Nayanthara has done a brilliant job in the film.”
M M Keeravani has scored the music and it has been jointly produced by Endemol India, Logline Productions and Select Media Holdings. The film will hit the screens on February 28.
Articles that might interest you:
- Jersey Hindi remake finds its female lead
- Pratiroju Pandage’s storyline is the first for Indian cinema-Maruthi
- Shah Rukh-Atlee film from March
- After delay, Rana, Sai Pallavi’s Virata Parvam to be wrapped up quickly
- Prabhas to resume Jaan’s shoot without Pooja?
- Latest update on Akhil’s fifth film