Senior film, TV and theater actress Lakshmi Devi Kanakala passed away in the wee hours of Saturday (Feb 3). Lakshmi Devi (78) was reportedly ill for the last few days. She is survived by husband and veteran actor Devadas Kanakala, son and popular actor Rajiv Kanakala and daughter Srilakshmi.
Lakshmi Devi also taught acting to several popular South Indian film stars. Rajinikanth, Chiranjeevi, Rajendra Prasad, Bhanuchander etc were some of her students at the Adayar Film Institute in Chennai.
Lakshmi Devi’s last rites will be performed today in Hyderabad. The Movie Artiste’s Association (MAA) paid homage to the veteran actress. 123telugu.com extends deepest condolences to the bereaved family
Articles that might interest you:
- Balakrishna gearing up for action-packed Akhanda schedule
- Budget for Dhanush-Shekhar Kammula film revealed?
- Chiranjeevi praises YS Jagan for record-breaking vaccination drive
- Aadi Sai Kumar’s next gets an interesting title
- Poll : Which of these recent Telugu films should be remade in Hindi?
- Suresh Production in big plans for the current future