Senior film, TV and theater actress Lakshmi Devi Kanakala passed away in the wee hours of Saturday (Feb 3). Lakshmi Devi (78) was reportedly ill for the last few days. She is survived by husband and veteran actor Devadas Kanakala, son and popular actor Rajiv Kanakala and daughter Srilakshmi.
Lakshmi Devi also taught acting to several popular South Indian film stars. Rajinikanth, Chiranjeevi, Rajendra Prasad, Bhanuchander etc were some of her students at the Adayar Film Institute in Chennai.
Lakshmi Devi’s last rites will be performed today in Hyderabad. The Movie Artiste’s Association (MAA) paid homage to the veteran actress. 123telugu.com extends deepest condolences to the bereaved family
Articles that might interest you:
- It’s official: Sarileru Neekevvaru & Ala Vaikunthapuramulo’s Sankranthi clash averted
- Dhruv Vikram gets unanimous praise for Adithya Varma
- Comeback actress thrilled to work with Balakrishna
- After Saaho, Sujeeth teams up with UV Creations again?
- Thalapathy64 to be wrapped up by Feb
- YS Jagan was a big fan of this top Tollywood hero