In a huge loss to the film fraternity, senior dubbing artist and legendary playback singer Ghantasala’s second son, Ghantasala Rathnakumar, breathed his last after suffering a heart attack at Kaveri Hospital in Chennai on Thursday morning. Rathnakumar tested negative for COVID-19 a couple of days ago, but he was undergoing dialysis for kidney related ailments.
Ghantasala Rathnakumar was one of the star dubbing artists in Telugu and dubbed for over 1,100 movies in Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Hindi and Sanskrit. He also dubbed for 10,000 plus TV episodes and 50 documentaries in his career spanning over 3 decades.
Rathnakumar was the voice for Arvind Swami in Mani Ratnam’s Roja and Bombay. He also dubbed for Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan. Rathnakumar entered the India Book of Records for dubbing 8 hours non-stop. His daughter Veena Ghantasala is a popular playback singer and dubbing artist.
Articles that might interest you:
- Akshay’s Sooryavanshi to lock this new date for release?
- Noted Hindi producer eyes Rashmika for his film?
- Bollywood superstar to announce Master’s Hindi remake?
- Master, Vakeel Saab, November Story and Krack in IMDb’s top 10 Indian movies
- Rajamouli eager to resume RRR shoot
- Poll : Post Shankar’s film which director should Ram Charan work with?