Released on this day, 3 years ago, Tamil action thriller Thani Oruvan went on to become a huge critical and commercial success. Directed by Mohan Raja, the film had Jayam Ravi and Nayanthara as the main leads, while Arvind Swami stole the show in a villainous role.
Last night, on the occasion of the film’s 3rd anniversary, Mohan Raja announced that a sequel to Thani Oruvan is in the works. The sequel will once again star Jayam Ravi. Since Arvind Swami’s character dies in the film’s climax, it remains to be seen how the sequel will unfold.
Thani Oruvan was remade in Telugu as Dhruva, with Ram Charan reprising Jayam Ravi’s role. The film was a runaway success at the box-office. Fans can expect a sequel to Dhruva in a year or two, after Surender Reddy and Ram Charan wrap up Sye Raa and RRR respectively.
- Rajini’s strict warning to fans over selling 2.0 tickets in black
- Popular singer-composer excited about Saaho
- Taxiwaala inches towards half-a-million-dollar mark in US
- It’s terrifying to dance alongside Prabhudeva : Amyra Dastur
- Yatra makers in search of YS Jagan