Released on this day, 3 years ago, Tamil action thriller Thani Oruvan went on to become a huge critical and commercial success. Directed by Mohan Raja, the film had Jayam Ravi and Nayanthara as the main leads, while Arvind Swami stole the show in a villainous role.
Last night, on the occasion of the film’s 3rd anniversary, Mohan Raja announced that a sequel to Thani Oruvan is in the works. The sequel will once again star Jayam Ravi. Since Arvind Swami’s character dies in the film’s climax, it remains to be seen how the sequel will unfold.
Thani Oruvan was remade in Telugu as Dhruva, with Ram Charan reprising Jayam Ravi’s role. The film was a runaway success at the box-office. Fans can expect a sequel to Dhruva in a year or two, after Surender Reddy and Ram Charan wrap up Sye Raa and RRR respectively.
Articles that might interest you:
- Will Vijay promote Whistle in Telugu?
- Young hero ready to do negative roles
- 1 million Twitter followers for Vijay Deverakonda
- Whistle gets solid release in Nizam
- Vijay Sethupathi’s noble gesture wins hearts
- Indian 2: Shankar to spend a bomb for an action sequence