Shankar’s upcoming magnum opus, Ai is all set to hit the screens later this year and the ace director has already begun promoting the film in a big way. The romantic and action entertainer stars Vikram and Amy Jackson in lead roles and Aascar Ravichandran is producing the film.
Recently, Shankar was all praises for Vikram’s professionalism and now he can’t stop raving about Amy Jackson. Apparently, she’s playing the role of a model in the film and since Amy Jackson had won beauty pageant in UK and is quite successful as a model in her real life, he thought she would be perfect for the role. The actress underwent extensive training and she even took classes in Tamil to get her diction right. “After she transformed herself for the role, she reminded me of Amala Akkineni,” Shankar said in a recent interview. Incidentally, Amala happens to be half Irish and half Bengali, although she spent all her life in India.
The film is going to be dubbed in Telugu as Manoharudu and it has Vikram playing multiple characters. A R Rahman is scoring the music and P C Sreeram is the cinematographer.
- High budget multi-starrer announced
- Majili and Chitralahari’s latest Krishna collections
- Jersey, Kanchana 3’s 2-day Krishna collections
- Solid advance bookings for Avengers: Endgame
- Vishnu Manchu reviving his ambitious project?
- Interesting buzz on Ravi Teja’s role in Disco Raja