After a lot of rumours and speculation about 2.0’s delay, filmmaker Shankar has finally given Rajinikanth’s fans a reason to celebrate. Interestingly, till recently, rumours were rife that the film might release only next year. The director has now confirmed that the film will hit the screens on November 29, 2018.
Confirming the news, Shankar took to Twitter saying, “Hi everyone.. atlast the vfx companies promised the final delivery date of the vfx shots. The movie will release on nov 29th 2018. #2Point0.” The film stars Rajinikanth in a lead role, along with Amy Jackson. Akshay Kumar will be seen as a villain.
Produced by Lyca Group, 2.0 will be the highest budgeted film at the time of its release. With Shankar announcing the release date of 2.0, it remains to be seen how rest of the films in Tamil and Hindi will be rescheduled accordingly.
— Shankar Shanmugham (@shankarshanmugh) July 10, 2018
Articles that might interest you:
- Most Eligible Bachelor enters half-a-million club in US
- 14 films in race for India’s official entry at Oscars
- Sai Dharam Tej is super fit and getting ready to conquer, says his director
- Bollywood’s biggest producer after Pabhas?
- Shyam Singha Roy’s pre release business in full swing
- Dil Raju’s Rowdy Boys seals its release date