Even as he is busy wrapping up the post-production formalities for his upcoming sci-fi thriller, 2.0, maverick director Shankar has just given a flying start to the most eagerly awaited social drama, Bharatheeyudu 2, starring Kamal Haasan. Shankar flew down to Taiwan from Los Angeles to fly the Indian 2 air balloon along with the film’s core crew on January 26.
To all those wondering about the Taiwan connect to Indian 2, here’s a small trivia. In the 1996 film Bharatheeyudu, Kamal Haasan plays Senapathy, a soldier in Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose’s Indian National Army (INA).
Subhash Chandra Bose reportedly died in a plane crash in Taiwan in 1945. As a mark of respect to the greatest Indian freedom fighter, Shankar and his team kick-started Bharatheeyudu 2 in Taiwan on India’s 69th Republic Day.
Leading Tamil production house Lyca Productions will bankroll this much-awaited sequel. There has been a strong buzz that happening young music composer Anirudh Ravichander will score for Bharatheeyudu 2 instead of AR Rahman. However, an official announcement is awaited in this regard.
— Shankar Shanmugham (@shankarshanmugh) January 26, 2018
- In front of Nag, Nani makes a promise to Bigg Boss finalists
- Saina Nehwal’s biopic goes on floors
- I had vowed to never use my father’s name in my career: Dulquer Salmaan
- Dhruv was skeptical and nervous about Arjun Reddy remake: Vikram
- Nagarjuna opens up about nepotism in film industry