In a shocking turn of events in Tamil Nadu, a judicial magistrate from Ooty issued a non-bailable arrest warrant against Suriya, Sathyaraj and six other Tamil actors on May 23. The actors had failed to turn up in court for a hearing of a defamation case which led to these orders.
It all began in 2009 when Suriya and other actors condemned a Tamil daily for tarnishing the image of actresses. However, the actors present at the event went on to criticise the entire media instead of one publication, which led M Rozario, a freelance journalist in Ooty, to file a defamation case.
Later, a court ordered Suriya, Sathyaraj, Sarathkumar, Sripriya, Vijayakumar, Arun Vijay, Vivek, and Cheran to appear before the court in December, 2011; however, none of them turned up. The case came up hearing once again on May 15 this year and when the magistrate didn’t find the actors in the court, a non-bailable arrest warrant was issued against them.
- Young Bollywood hero’s wish to act with Allu Arjun
- Maharshi’s interval scenes underway in Hyderabad
- Legendary diva’s daughter’s Tollywood debut with RRR?
- Magician’s accusation on Vijay’s Mersal team turns controversial
- Healthy gap between Sankranthi releases to benefit all parties