After a long gap, Shriya Saran is going back to Bollywood. In the past, she has had acted in films like Awarapan, Mission Istanbul,Ek – The Power of One and Gali Gali Mein Chor Hai. The latest news is that she has been signed up to play a lead role opposite Jimmy Shergil. The film is going to be directed by Karan Bhutani and it has been titled as Valmiki Ki Bandook. Apparently, the film is set in the backdrop of Chambal valley and explores the gun culture in North India. Shriya Saran is said to be playing a powerful role in this film.
Meanwhile, Shriya will be gracing the audio launch of her upcoming Telugu film Pavitra, later today in Vizag. Janardhan Maharshi has directed the film which will release in Telugu and Tamil. Shriya plays the role of a woman who fights against injustice and goes on to become a politician in the end. She has also been signed up to play Nagarjuna’s jodi in Vikram Kumar’s Manam which will go on floors later this year. Looks like Shriya Saran is making all the right moves this year.
Articles that might interest you:
- Shankar hints at film with another star
- Bigg Boss contestant’s Hindi debut
- Vijay Deverakonda’s Bollywood debut with Puri Jagan, Karan Johar
- Sarileru’s Suryudivo Chandrudivo is a beautiful melody
- Keerthy Suresh on cloud nine about her magical milestone
- Madhuri Dixit to make Netflix debut