Shriya Saran will soon be seen in a powerful role in Janardhan Maharshi’s upcoming film titled Pavitra. The film’s theatrical trailer was launched earlier today and Janardhan Maharshi, AVS and the film’s producers graced the event. Talking about the film, Janardhan Maharshi said, “I got a lot of good name and awards with Devasthanam; however, I didn’t make Pavitra to prove a point. Shriya is playing a bold role in the film and she is perfect for this kind of role. When my producers asked me whom I wanted to cast in the lead role, I happened to casually mention Shriya’s name and the very next day, I got a chance to narrate the story and impress her. Once, I read a news article where a governor of a state had insulted a prostitute and after sometime, she contested in the elections and defeated the governor. The story of Pavitra is inspired from that incident.” Roja, Saikumar, Sayaji Shinde and Sivaji have also played important roles. M M Srilekha has scored the music. The film is going to hit the screens on May 10.
- In front of Nag, Nani makes a promise to Bigg Boss finalists
- Saina Nehwal’s biopic goes on floors
- I had vowed to never use my father’s name in my career: Dulquer Salmaan
- Dhruv was skeptical and nervous about Arjun Reddy remake: Vikram
- Nagarjuna opens up about nepotism in film industry