It has been reported already that actress Shruti Haasan will be walking the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival, which will be held between May 17-28. Shruti will be part of the team of India’s most expensive film, Sanghamitra, during the film’s official launch at the prestigious film festival on May 18.
Incidentally, Shruti Haasan will be the first South Indian actress to get the Cannes red carpet honor. Even though South heroines Aishwarya Rai and Vidya Balan had walked the red carpet in the past, they are known for their work in Bollywood.
Sanghamitra stars Jayam Ravi and Arya as the main leads. This ambitious period film will be directed by Sundar C and produced by Sri Thenandal Films banner. AR Rahman will be scoring the film’s soundtrack.
Articles that might interest you:
- Tamannah to do a show on Amazon
- Rashmika shifts to her new apartment in Mumbai
- Veteran actress in talks for Nag’s Bangaraju?
- Sithara Entertainments’ two films on floors from tomorrow
- Actor Naresh earns Rs 3,600 by selling mangoes and berries
- Revealed – Chay Akkineni’s role in Aamir’s Laal Singh Chadha