Shruti Haasan has come out in support of her friend and Assamese music composer Joi Barua, who’ll be performing at ‘Living Traditions’ – Festival of Assam later this week in Mumbai. The duo had collaborated in the past to create a fusion of Assamese-meets-Tamil music and it was an instant success.
In a video addressing her fans, Shruti Haasan said, “I wasn’t exposed to Assamese music, culture and art until I met Joi Barua and he has helped me understand a new world. I hope all of you get to see him perform at Living Traditions and I can’t think of a better musician to share his ideas through music than Joi.”
Meanwhile, Shruti Haasan is awaiting the release of her latest Telugu film Katamarayudu, which will hit the screens on March 24. Pawan Kalyan has played the lead role in this action entertainer.
- Top producer bets big on Devadas
- Thalapathy Vijay wins a prestigious international award for Mersal
- Sudheer Babu is proud of Nannu Dochukunduvate
- Gear up for Amar Akbar Anthony’s ‘Pivot’
- After wrapping up Varma, Vikram’s son leaves for US for higher studies