In her acting career spanning more than a decade, Shruti Haasan hasn’t made her foray into short films or web series in India, yet. However, it’s all set to change with Devi, a short film directed by Priyanka Banerjee, which is slated for release on March 8.
The short film has an all-female star cast including the likes of Kajol, Neha Dhupia, and Neena Kulkarni, and Shruti stated that she is thrilled about sharing the screen with an acting powerhouse like Kajol. “The film will hit you with its poignant depiction of women strength and how they support each other,” she said. Devi narrates the story of how nine women come together and realise that they have been fighting against a similar issue in their lives.
Meanwhile, the actress is in London, where she is working on her next album and writing. She is expected to return to the sets of her upcoming Telugu film, Krack when she comes back to India.
Articles that might interest you:
- RRR’s release date announcement on the way?
- Aamir Khan’s Laal Singh Chaddha postponed; Here’s the new release date
- Pawan’s Republic speech: Film Chamber thanks AP, TS govts
- Photo Moment: Prabhas poses with his extended family
- Akhanda locks Sankranthi release?
- I will give you a heartfelt response after MAA elections: Mohan Babu tells Pawan Kalyan