In her acting career spanning more than a decade, Shruti Haasan hasn’t made her foray into short films or web series in India, yet. However, it’s all set to change with Devi, a short film directed by Priyanka Banerjee, which is slated for release on March 8.
The short film has an all-female star cast including the likes of Kajol, Neha Dhupia, and Neena Kulkarni, and Shruti stated that she is thrilled about sharing the screen with an acting powerhouse like Kajol. “The film will hit you with its poignant depiction of women strength and how they support each other,” she said. Devi narrates the story of how nine women come together and realise that they have been fighting against a similar issue in their lives.
Meanwhile, the actress is in London, where she is working on her next album and writing. She is expected to return to the sets of her upcoming Telugu film, Krack when she comes back to India.
Articles that might interest you:
- Poll : Which of these Prabhas’ films is going to make it big at Indian box office?
- Sai Pallavi’s dance treat in Love Story’s Saranga Dariya song
- Sunil in and as Maryada Krishnayya; First look out
- Here’s when anchor Sree Mukhi plans to get married
- Prabhas to kick-start Adipurush next week
- Interesting title for Rakul Preet-Vaishnav Tej film?