Shruti Haasan is among the many film personalities who have been stressing on the fact that there are all sorts of people in every industry, and it’s wrong to paint the whole industry in bad light just because of one stray incident. In recent times, Bollywood, in particular, has been going through a crisis of sorts with several people being accused of nepotism and links with drugs mafia.
Naturally, there have been some more comments that film industry itself is like a ‘gutter’ and no one should willingly enter into it. In a recent interview, when Shruti Haasan was asked about her view on such statements, she recalled an incident several years ago, where someone asked her father, Kamal Haasan if he’s worried about sending his daughters to this business.
“Now, there are so many layers to this question, and they are not always positive. My dad replied ‘Your daughter had an arranged marriage, you sent her to a house you didn’t even know! I sent my daughter to a home I grew up in, this is my home. I sent her, knowing I have hopefully taught her the lessons to stay strong and value her journey,” Shruti Haasan recalled. It just proves how much respect an icon like Kamal Haasan has for cinema and film industry. No wonder, he calls it his home.
Articles that might interest you:
- Hero Tarun turns producer- Ready with three projects
- Bhumika to play a key role in young hero’s next
- Pre-release business of Vakeel Saab takes a beating?
- Poll : Apart from DC, MI, RCB, who will enter IPL 2020 playoffs?
- Prestigious banner to enter Bollywood in a big way
- Bigg Boss 4 – Contestant testing positive for Coronavirus is fake news