Siddharth’s latest film Jigarthanda, which is being dubbed into Telugu as “Chikkadu Dorakadu” has achieved a very rare feat of being selected for screening at the South Asian International Film Festival in New York this year. This film has become a cult hit in Tamil and is fast racing towards the 100 days landmark.
Among other films competing with Jigarthanda are Happy Ending, Titli and X. This movie was directed by Karthik Subbaraj who made the super hit film Pizza. The Telugu version of the film ‘Chikkadu Dorakadu’ is still awaiting release. SAIFF is the largest film premiere destination for South Asian filmmakers to exhibit their talents globally. Films from countries such as India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal and within the Indian Diaspora will compete in SAIFF.
Articles that might interest you:
- Kiara Advani in no mood to slow down
- Gopichand takes on Chiranjeevi’s Sye Raa
- Gully Boy is India’s official entry at Oscars
- Press Note : MegaStar’s SyeRaa North America Release by SNOWFLAKE CINEMA
- Release date of Sye Raa title track announced
- Poll: Which aspect of Gaddalakonda Ganesh impressed you the most?