Gautham Menon is currently busy shooting his upcoming film with Simbu in lead role. He clarified that this is not a sequel of Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya (Yem Maya Chesave in Telugu) and that he had written a completely different script for Simbu.
The director, who’s best known for romantic and action films like Kakha Kakha (Garshana), Cheli, Surya S/O Krishnan and Yem Maya Chesave, has heaped praises on his lead actor and said he can be the Ranbir Kapoor of the South. “He is a great performer and with the right choices, he can be the Ranbir Kapoor of the South,” Gautham Menon while referring to Simbu. Apparently, the actor didn’t even hear the script before signing the film and when Gautham Menon insisted on a narration, he was completely bowled over by the story.
Pallavi Subhash is playing the lead role opposite Simbu and Gautham Menon himself is producing the film under Photon Kathaas banner. A R Rahman is scoring the music. After wrapping up a majority of the film’s shooting, Gautham Menon will next begin shooting a film with Ajith.
Articles that might interest you:
- Rakul Preet opens up about the insider-outsider debate
- Shraddha Kapoor to reprise Amala Paul’s bold role?
- Revealed- Ram Charan’s mega entry with this scene in Acharya
- Namrata goes eco-friendly this Vinayaka Chaturthi
- No truth in Allu Arjun doing this Hindi biggie?
- Ram Charan’s heroine bags a big project