Gautham Menon is currently busy shooting his upcoming film with Simbu in lead role. He clarified that this is not a sequel of Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya (Yem Maya Chesave in Telugu) and that he had written a completely different script for Simbu.
The director, who’s best known for romantic and action films like Kakha Kakha (Garshana), Cheli, Surya S/O Krishnan and Yem Maya Chesave, has heaped praises on his lead actor and said he can be the Ranbir Kapoor of the South. “He is a great performer and with the right choices, he can be the Ranbir Kapoor of the South,” Gautham Menon while referring to Simbu. Apparently, the actor didn’t even hear the script before signing the film and when Gautham Menon insisted on a narration, he was completely bowled over by the story.
Pallavi Subhash is playing the lead role opposite Simbu and Gautham Menon himself is producing the film under Photon Kathaas banner. A R Rahman is scoring the music. After wrapping up a majority of the film’s shooting, Gautham Menon will next begin shooting a film with Ajith.
Articles that might interest you:
- Varun Tej’s hiked remuneration becomes a hot topic
- Pre-production kick-starts for Venky’s next
- Pokiri was an important point in my life: Vijay Deverakonda
- Vijay takes on all-India stars; Bigil trailer becomes the most liked
- KGF actress Srinidhi Shetty signs a biggie
- Nayanthara to team up with this star hero for the 5th time?