Earlier this year, when Gautam Menon announced that he is a making a sequel to his hugely successful film Vinnaithaandi Varuvaya, it came as a big surprise to everyone when he roped in Madhavan to play the lead role. Incidentally, Madhavan was expected to play the lead role which was played by Simbu in the original film.
However, it looks like Gautam Menon has gone back to Simbu again to play the role since Madhavan is busy with his other projects. In 2016, Simbu and Gautam Menon had worked together for the Tamil version of Sahasam Swasaga Saagipo, and it was widely reported that Simbu wasn’t happy when the shoot got delayed since Gautam Menon had clubbed the shoot with Dhanush’s film.
Now, the two reportedly decided to collaborate once again and the film is expected to go on floors later this year. The multi-starrer has Puneet Rajkumar from Kannada and Tovino Thomas from Malayalam cinema playing the other lead roles. Gautam Menon is yet to finalize a lead actor from Telugu cinema.
- Mammootty going all out to play YSR
- Akanksha Singh pins all her hopes on Deva Das
- Mani Ratnam reveals why he made a multi-starrer
- Pooja Hegde wraps up shooting for Aravindha Sametha
- I’ve never used my dad’s money or help to make movies : Manchu Manoj