Veteran director Singeetham Srinivasa Rao is currently making a film titled Welcome Obama. The film was launched in early February and the first schedule of the film was shot in Korumamidi village in West Godavari district. Apparently, the film is based on an award winning Marathi film titled Mala Aai Vhhaychy! which deals with the theme of surrogacy. In simple terms, surrogacy is an arrangement in which a woman carries and delivers a child for another couple and this practice is legal in India. Incidentally, Aamir Khan and Kiran Rao’s baby was also born through one such arrangement.
Welcome Obama revolves around the life of a surrogate mother who bears a foreigner’s child. Incidentally, the film also stars Urmila Kanitkar who played the lead role in the Marathi version. Several changes have been made in the Telugu version and it’s said to be a heart breaking drama about the relationship between a mother and her new born baby. The film also stars a British actress Rachel, Sanjeev and Niranjani. The rest of the film will be shot in Hyderabad and Mumbai. S.Bharathi Krishna is producing the film.Samruddhi Porey, who had directed Mala Aai Vhhaychy!, has collaborated with Singeetam Srinivasa Rao to write the story and screenplay for the Telugu version as well.
- Director’s prank leaves young heroine in shock
- Sai Pallavi eager to fulfill this dream
- Nagababu’s statement on Pawan’s IT Degree becomes a hot topic
- Care of Kancharapalem wins 1st Critics Choice Best Telugu Film award
- Venky Mama’s next schedule details
- Solid Sunday for Jersey in Nizam : All set for a 5 Cr weekend