The month of November has usually been a cursed season for the box office. No major films release in November fearing the disastrous results they might end up with, and thus it’s only the small films that bear the brunt all the time. This November too had witnessed a handful of small films releasing and quickly biting the dust. Last Friday saw the release of several low budget flicks like ‘Rough’, ‘Yamaleela 2’, Dega’ and few others, which were immediately shunted by the audiences.
However, only ‘Ala Ela’ has managed to hold to its ground and is making some noise at the box-office. Made on a shoestring budget, this new-age comedy had Vennela Kishore, Rahul Ravindran and Sye Shani in the lead roles, and runs on the lines of Bollywood’s ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’. Directed by the debutante Annish Krishna, the film is being appreciated by the audiences and the critics alike, and the word of mouth is helping it rake in decent numbers at the ticket window. With a more effective publicity by its producers, ‘Ala Ela’ is sure to collect enough shares to make it a safe venture for all parties involved.
Articles that might interest you:
- Popular Tamil director blessed with a baby boy
- Senior actress’ biggest regret in her 4 decade old career
- This heroine’s special song in RRR?
- Lockdown Review : Betaal – Hindi web series on Netflix
- Happening director not directing Ram Charan
- This heroine to romance Mahesh in his next?