The Akkineni family and the Telugu Film Industry lost a warm and caring personality when Smt. Annapurna passed away on Wednesday. She was not only a devoted housewife, but a very smart judge of a script too. Not many people know that she was the reason why ANR played that iconic role in ‘Prem Nagar’.
Nageswara Rao garu took the script of ‘Prema Nagar’ home one evening and tossed it aside. Annapurnamma took a look at the script and was deeply impressed with the script. She reportedly convinced ANR to take up that role and the rest, as they say, is history.
She was actively involved in the music sittings of ANR’s home production ‘Premabhishekam’ too. Sources close to the family members say that she was a silent force and a major source of motivation in every decision ANR took.
- Young Bollywood hero’s wish to act with Allu Arjun
- Maharshi’s interval scenes underway in Hyderabad
- Legendary diva’s daughter’s Tollywood debut with RRR?
- Magician’s accusation on Vijay’s Mersal team turns controversial
- Healthy gap between Sankranthi releases to benefit all parties