Released in 2009, numero uno Tollywood director Rajamouli’s socio-fantasy magnum opus, Magadheera, went on to become an industry hit those days. The film had Ram Charan and Kajal Aggarwal as the main leads. Now, Magadheera’s Japanese version too is recreating the Telugu version’s success.
Magadheera’s Japanese version released across Japan last Friday and collected a whopping ¥118,450,000 ($1.06M) in just 4 days. The film will now surpass its predecessors like English Vinglish (¥133,670,000 or $1.25M), Baahubali 2 (¥144,810,000 or $1.3M) and 3 Idiots (¥164,860,000 or $1.48M). However, it remains to be seen whether Magadheera’s Japanese version will break Rajinikanth’s Muthu (¥400M or $3.08M) record by the end of its full run.
- Balayya-Boyapati film to commence shooting after elections
- Baahubali producers’ new innings
- Poll : Which of the following movie trailers impressed you the most?
- Here’s when Allu Arjun-Trivikram film will kick-start from
- Star heroine finalized for Rajini-Murugadoss film?