Released in 2009, numero uno Tollywood director Rajamouli’s socio-fantasy magnum opus, Magadheera, went on to become an industry hit those days. The film had Ram Charan and Kajal Aggarwal as the main leads. Now, Magadheera’s Japanese version too is recreating the Telugu version’s success.
Magadheera’s Japanese version released across Japan last Friday and collected a whopping ¥118,450,000 ($1.06M) in just 4 days. The film will now surpass its predecessors like English Vinglish (¥133,670,000 or $1.25M), Baahubali 2 (¥144,810,000 or $1.3M) and 3 Idiots (¥164,860,000 or $1.48M). However, it remains to be seen whether Magadheera’s Japanese version will break Rajinikanth’s Muthu (¥400M or $3.08M) record by the end of its full run.
- Rajini’s strict warning to fans over selling 2.0 tickets in black
- Popular singer-composer excited about Saaho
- Taxiwaala inches towards half-a-million-dollar mark in US
- It’s terrifying to dance alongside Prabhudeva : Amyra Dastur
- Yatra makers in search of YS Jagan