The Hindi remake of Mahesh Babu starrer Okkadu is back on track after a long delay. We had earlier reported that Boney Kapoor had bought the remake rights of the film and that his son, Arjun Kapoor is going to play the lead role in the Hindi version.
Now, Boney Kapoor has roped in Sonakshi Sinha to play the lead role opposite Arjun Kapoor. Although both her films, Lootera and Once Upon A Time in Mumbai Doobara!, haven’t done well at the box-office,, Sonakshi has been able to impress the critics this year and she’ll soon be seen in Bullet Raja and R…Rajkumar.
Boney Kapoor has roped in Amit Sharma, who recently shot to fame after directing Google Reunion ad, to direct this remake of Okkadu. This will be his first feature film and buzz is that Amit Sharma had been approached much before the ad went viral on the internet. The film will go on floors early next year.
Articles that might interest you:
- First-of-its-kind promotions for Akhil’s Agent
- Simbu’s Pathu Thala clears censor formalities
- Renowned banner acquires distribution rights of PS-2 in Tamil Nadu
- Orange Re-release: Here is how much Ram Charan’s flop film made in 2 days in Nizam
- Telugu music composer dons director’s hat – Deets inside
- Time locked for Dasara’s fourth single
Ad : Teluguruchi - Learn.. Cook.. Enjoy the Tasty food