The Hindi remake of Mahesh Babu starrer Okkadu is back on track after a long delay. We had earlier reported that Boney Kapoor had bought the remake rights of the film and that his son, Arjun Kapoor is going to play the lead role in the Hindi version.
Now, Boney Kapoor has roped in Sonakshi Sinha to play the lead role opposite Arjun Kapoor. Although both her films, Lootera and Once Upon A Time in Mumbai Doobara!, haven’t done well at the box-office,, Sonakshi has been able to impress the critics this year and she’ll soon be seen in Bullet Raja and R…Rajkumar.
Boney Kapoor has roped in Amit Sharma, who recently shot to fame after directing Google Reunion ad, to direct this remake of Okkadu. This will be his first feature film and buzz is that Amit Sharma had been approached much before the ad went viral on the internet. The film will go on floors early next year.
Articles that might interest you:
- Kamal Haasan announces compensation for Indian 2 accident victims
- Baahubali’s Kiliki language goes online
- Positive word of mouth is a must for this Friday release movie
- Veteran actor flirts with Sunny Leone-Her reply was hilarious
- Star director’s daughter becomes an adult film actress
- Noted Tollywood production house to collaborate with Salman Khan