Sekhar Kapur’s Mr. India, starring Anil Kapoor and Sridevi, is one of the most influential and acclaimed Hindi films of all time, and it became an important part of their legacy. Not surprisingly, Sekhar Kapur, Anil Kapoor are reportedly quite upset when they heard news reports that the film is going to be remade in Hindi.
Sonam Kapoor, daughter of Anil Kapoor, didn’t hesitate to express her displeasure once she heard that filmmaker Ali Abbas Zafar is planning a reboot of the film, that too without taking permission from the original team. The actress posted on social media saying, “It’s quite disrespectful, and even underhanded if the news is true, since no one consulted my father or even Sekhar uncle. It’s sad because that was a film made with a lot of heart and hard work, and is quite sentimental to my father, beyond commerce and announcements, it’s a part of his legacy.”
Anil Kapoor’s son, Harshvardhan Kapoor too was quite miffed with the announcement and stated that not every film needs to be looked at from an opening weekend or box office perspective. Now, it remains to be seen how Ali Abbas Zafar responds to these statements from Anil Kapoor’s family.
— Sonam K Ahuja (@sonamakapoor) February 22, 2020
Articles that might interest you:
- This is Venkatesh’s remuneration for Naarappa?
- Lockdown effect: Allu Aravind’s Aha down for a while
- Shah Rukh wins hearts with his Corona relief initiatives
- Even before her debut, this heroine making waves
- Star choreographer’s own way to create awareness for COVID 19
- Lockdown- Yesteryear heroine comes up with an interesting concept