Sekhar Kapur’s Mr. India, starring Anil Kapoor and Sridevi, is one of the most influential and acclaimed Hindi films of all time, and it became an important part of their legacy. Not surprisingly, Sekhar Kapur, Anil Kapoor are reportedly quite upset when they heard news reports that the film is going to be remade in Hindi.
Sonam Kapoor, daughter of Anil Kapoor, didn’t hesitate to express her displeasure once she heard that filmmaker Ali Abbas Zafar is planning a reboot of the film, that too without taking permission from the original team. The actress posted on social media saying, “It’s quite disrespectful, and even underhanded if the news is true, since no one consulted my father or even Sekhar uncle. It’s sad because that was a film made with a lot of heart and hard work, and is quite sentimental to my father, beyond commerce and announcements, it’s a part of his legacy.”
Anil Kapoor’s son, Harshvardhan Kapoor too was quite miffed with the announcement and stated that not every film needs to be looked at from an opening weekend or box office perspective. Now, it remains to be seen how Ali Abbas Zafar responds to these statements from Anil Kapoor’s family.
— Sonam K Ahuja (@sonamakapoor) February 22, 2020
Articles that might interest you:
- Alia and Ranbir’s foreign vacation after recovering from COVID-19
- Akhil’s Agent to kick start its shoot here
- First glimpse of Allu Arjun’s cousin Viran’s debut film BBS out now
- Naga Chaitanya’s new film also lands in trouble due to COVID
- Despite COVID rage, Balayya’s Akhanda progresses non-stop
- Sukumar to team up with star hero before Vijay Deverakonda?