Soundarya Rajinikanth, who directed VIP2, can’t stop raving about Dhanush. The actor not only played the lead role in the film, but he also wrote the script. The film is a sequel to VIP, which was dubbed in Telugu as Raghuvaran BTech, and it has Kajol playing the antagonist.
Talking about Dhanush, Soundarya said that even though he had directed a film (Power Paandi) and wrote the script of VIP2, he never interfered in her job on the sets of the film. “All you have to do is explain the scene you’re going to shoot, and he gets into it so instantly that you end up admiring the person on the monitor. During VIP2, he was doing three projects simultaneously; but he brought the same Raghuvaran from the original alive,” Soundarya said.
When asked if he’s the next Superstar in Tamil cinema, the director said, “He has everything in him to become a superstar, but I won’t say that he’s going to be the next Superstar. There’s only one Superstar – Rajinikanth, my father.”
Articles that might interest you:
- Samantha to make her debut as a reality show host?
- Maruthi penning a script for this young star?
- Senior director’s daughters to turn producers
- Rana fans await double treat this summer
- Clever planning helps Nithin’s Bheeshma big time
- Lakshmi Parvathi’s key role in a lady-oriented film