Ever since the implementation of the 28% GST on entertainment, filmmakers across South India have been openly opposing the central government’s diktat. The GST is resulting in huge losses to the producers and other trade bodies.
In a protest against the GST, the Telugu film industry is planning to stall all the shootings and post-production works in November. Even the Tamil film industry, which pays an additional 8% local tax to the state government, is reportedly planning to join the bandh in November.
- Not Simbu, but this talented hero to play Kamal’s grandson in Indian 2?
- Ravi Teja-Santosh Srinivas film pushed ahead
- NTR Kathanayakudu’s latest first-week collections
- Rumors of NTR Mahanayakudu postponement go viral
- F2 & VVR’s solid show in Nizam on Sankranthi