Ever since the implementation of the 28% GST on entertainment, filmmakers across South India have been openly opposing the central government’s diktat. The GST is resulting in huge losses to the producers and other trade bodies.
In a protest against the GST, the Telugu film industry is planning to stall all the shootings and post-production works in November. Even the Tamil film industry, which pays an additional 8% local tax to the state government, is reportedly planning to join the bandh in November.
Articles that might interest you:
- Kriti Sanon’s Tollywood comeback with this crazy project?
- Srikanth and Poorna’s special atrraction in Akhanda
- Bigg Boss winner’s key role in Prabhas’ Adipurush?
- Cinema Bandi tops Netflix trends list
- Makers of Ravi Teja’s Khiladi clarify about ‘OTT’ rumors
- Sonu Sood’s popularity touches a new milestone