It was almost 10 years ago that Taapsee made her film debut with Telugu movie Jhummandi Naadam. Nearly a decade later, she’s rearing to go with projects in not just Telugu, but Tamil and Hindi also in her kitty. She has become a critically acclaimed actress too.
In a new interview with an English daily, she said that she makes it a point to do a regional film every year because she doesn’t want to choose between Hindi and South films. “I never used my south Indian films as a stepping stone to Bollywood. I wanted to work in both simultaneously,” she said.
As promised, Taapsee did Anandobrahma in Telugu and Game Over, a Tamil-Telugu bilingual, over the last two years. She has four releases in 2020.
Articles that might interest you:
- Chay Akkineni speaks about the most difficult part of Love Story
- Poll: Which aspect of Tuck Jagadish did not impress you?
- Allu Arjun wraps up Pushpa; Heads straight to Apollo to see Sai Tej
- Shriya Saran shifts base to Mumbai
- Concept video and premise of Sasivadane looks cool
- New gossip about RRR’s delay becomes a hot topic