It was almost 10 years ago that Taapsee made her film debut with Telugu movie Jhummandi Naadam. Nearly a decade later, she’s rearing to go with projects in not just Telugu, but Tamil and Hindi also in her kitty. She has become a critically acclaimed actress too.
In a new interview with an English daily, she said that she makes it a point to do a regional film every year because she doesn’t want to choose between Hindi and South films. “I never used my south Indian films as a stepping stone to Bollywood. I wanted to work in both simultaneously,” she said.
As promised, Taapsee did Anandobrahma in Telugu and Game Over, a Tamil-Telugu bilingual, over the last two years. She has four releases in 2020.
Articles that might interest you:
- North Indian fans celebrate Butta Bomma’s new record
- Mahesh Babu’s latest feat on Instagram
- Puri Jagan in talks with a noted star for his next?
- No stopping Mohan Lal- Begins a new film
- Star heroine’s re-entry in Pawan’s next becomes a hot topic
- It’s a festival release for Sumanth’s Kapatadhaari