Tamil star Thalapathy Vijay’s Master is one of the most eagerly awaited movies this year. Even though the film was ready for its release for the Tamil New Year, the lockdown had disrupted all the plans. And with the government not giving the permission to reopen theaters, there’s no clarity on Master’s release.
Meanwhile, Master has been a hot favourite among OTT platforms. Until recently, there was a strong buzz that a leading OTT player had offered a whopping Rs 80 crore to Master’s makers to acquire the film’s exclusive world premiere rights. But the makers trashed those reports and assured fans that the film will only release in cinemas.
Now, the ongoing buzz has it that Master’s makers have been offered a staggering Rs 100 crore to give away the film’s world digital premiere rights by a leading OTT platform, making it the biggest ever OTT deal in South India till date. Whether the news has any truth or not will be known very in near future.
Articles that might interest you:
- Satyadev’s film gets decent TRP while Vijay Deverakonda’s movie falters
- Corona effect- Majority of theatres to shut down
- Raj Tarun signs another film with noted director
- Poll : Which of these senior directors should make a solid comeback?
- Film Trivia : Guess this Hindi actress whose first film was in Telugu?
- This is how Naga Shaurya’s got his eight pack Abs