Legendary playback singer SP Balasubramanyam expressed a deep concern about the declining standards in Telugu films. Stating that Telugu film industry has become totally ‘commercial’, Balu also said that literary values in today’s film songs are alarmingly low.
Talking about the gen-next singers who are singing Telugu songs with poor diction, Balu said that filmmakers and audiences these days are no longer bothered about the language and continue to celebrate mediocrity.
Questioning the sad state of affairs in Telugu Cinema, Balu said that a highly revered director like K Viswanath is out of work and a classic film like Mithunam is struggling to get theaters. Balu also said that he had stopped watching Telugu films from the last couple of years.
- After the intense RX 100, Kartikeya gearing up for a totally opposite film
- Ram Charan lauds Mr. Majnu’s teaser
- Shocking response for Priya Prakash Varrier’s new song
- Kajal teams up with Jayam Ravi
- “Samantha was super tensed on Sep 13,” Nag reveals