Yesteryear diva Sridevi’s daughter Janhvi Kapoor made her acting debut with the recently released Bollywood film, Dhadak. The film opened in cinemas last Friday and collected a decent Rs 8.71 crore nett across the country.
Dhadak capitalized on the good word of mouth and the craze around the movie and posted impressive numbers on Saturday (Rs 11.04 crore) and Sunday (Rs 13.92 crore). Dhadak’s first weekend India nett totals to Rs 33.67 crores.
Janhvi and the film’s hero Ishaan Khattar earned decent reviews for their performances. The film is produced by Karan Johar and he ensured maximum visibility for the project ever since it went on floors.
- Will Rana join the controversial Bollywood film?
- Confident Nikhil goes all out for his next
- Taapsee wants to clean up the dirt in Bollywood
- Kaushal to expand his charity work through Kaushal Army
- Aravindha Sametha’s rare feat at RTC X Roads