YVS Chowdhary recalled how heroine Sridevi mentioned to him that she was a great admirer of the way Silk Smita carried herself. During the shooting of Govinda Govinda Sridevi reportedly told YVS that Rekha aside Silk was the only actress in the Indian film industry to have an amazing sense of dress and make up sense.
Coming from Sridevi this was as genuine a compliment one was likely to get, especially one considers the fact that Sridevi by then was associated with many Bollywood productions in a big way. YVS recalled this conversation as he was one among the assistants in RGV’s crew at that time.
YVS also mentioned that Silk’s determination was also legendary. He said that Silk Smita developed fluency in English that very few heroines at that time possessed. For a rustic village girl from Eluru, she could finish an English paperback in under 1 hour, he said.
- Sudheer Babu is proud of Nannu Dochukunduvate
- Gear up for Amar Akbar Anthony’s ‘Pivot’
- After wrapping up Varma, Vikram’s son leaves for US for higher studies
- Young producer to approach Cyber Crime Police against her abuser
- Legendary director appreciates Sudheer Babu