Following intense speculations over the past couple of years, Janhvi Kapoor, the elder daughter of yesteryear diva Sridevi, is finally going to make her silver screen debut with Karan Johar’s recently announced movie, Dhadak. The film is an official remake of the blockbuster Marathi romantic drama, Sairat. Bollywood hero Shahid Kapoor’s brother Ishaan Khattar is the film’s hero.
As per the latest reports, Karan is planning to rope in Sridevi to play Janhvi’s mother in Dhadak. Even though the heroine mother’s role in the original has a less screentime, Karan and the film’s director Shashank Khaitan have made crucial changes to the remake to make Sridevi’s role more significant. However, Sridevi is yet to sign on the dotted line.
- After AAA, Ileana returns to Bollywood
- 2.0 to have a free run with less competition
- Poll: Which of these upcoming December releases are you looking forward to?
- Tanish confident of Rangu’s success
- Former heroine’s Tollywood comeback after 8 years