The repatriation of Sridevi’s mortal remains to her motherland has been delayed further. A special jet which will bring back the legendary actress to Mumbai has been waiting at the Al Maktoum International Airport, 37 kilometers away from Dubai.
Until yesterday evening, everyone believed that Sridevi had passed away due to a cardiac arrest. However, a stunning new twist came up when the autopsy report ruled out cardiac arrest and said that Sridevi had breathed her last due to accidental drowning in her hotel room’s bathtub. The police investigation is still on and that’s the reason behind this delay.
The Dubai Police have already recorded the statement of Sridevi’s husband Boney Kapoor and the hospital staff. Boney was summoned to the Bur Dubai Police station for questioning. The Indian embassy and consulate in Dubai are working closely with local authorities to expedite the return of Sridevi’s mortal remains and is also keeping the Kapoor family apprised.
In all likelihood, the authorities in Dubai are expected to complete the investigation and other formalities to repatriate Sridevi’s mortal remains by Tuesday. The funeral will be held on the same day.
Articles that might interest you:
- Rakul Preet opens up about the insider-outsider debate
- Shraddha Kapoor to reprise Amala Paul’s bold role?
- Revealed- Ram Charan’s mega entry with this scene in Acharya
- Namrata goes eco-friendly this Vinayaka Chaturthi
- No truth in Allu Arjun doing this Hindi biggie?
- Ram Charan’s heroine bags a big project