Several film stars across the country have been extending their support to the governments and authorities who have been relentlessly fighting the deadly Coronavirus for the last few weeks. Numerous celebs have donated crores of rupees for Corona relief operations.
But in an unexpected gesture, Mollywood stalwart Mohanlal has donated a robot named KARMI-Bot to fight COVID-19. Mohanlal’s Viswa Santhi Foundation donated an autonomous robot for the isolation ward at Kalamasserry Medical College in Ernakulam on Saturday.
Developed by ASIMOV robotics, KARMI-Bot works as a caregiver for the patients infected with the virus by dispensing food and medicines, collecting the trash left by patients, performing disinfection and enabling video calls between the doctors and patients, thereby minimising the patient-doctor interaction to a great extent.
Articles that might interest you:
- School built by Sukumar in his father’s memory to be inaugurated today
- Thimmarasu and Ishq lock digital streaming partners
- Much-awaited RRR’s Dosti song impresses big-time
- Photo Moment: Anushka, Virat’s group picture with Indian cricketers
- Bobby reveals the main inspiration for Chiranjeevi’s film
- Vijay Sethupathi signs yet another Telugu flick?