Released in January 1997, the Tamil cult political drama, Iruvar (Iddaru in Telugu), brought together the two stalwarts of the South Indian cinema, Malayalam superstar Mohanlal and master auteur Mani Ratnam.
Now, if the ongoing buzz in Kollywood circles is anything to go by, both Mohanlal and Mani Ratnam will be joining hands for the third time. However, these are mere speculations and we will have to wait until both the stalwarts wrap up their ongoing projects and come up with an official confirmation.
Incidentally, Mani Ratnam and Mohanlal had first collaborated on a Malayalam film titled Unaroo in 1984. The film was Mani’s second project.
- Balakrishna takes a break from NTR for Telangana elections
- Lakshmi Manchu opens up about working with Jyothika
- Director confirmed for RX100 Hindi remake
- My film could be the next : Nikhil on Taxiwaala piracy
- Mahesh to invite Rajini and Akshay to his multiplex?