In the times when commercial potboilers are ruling the roost in Telugu Cinema, some of the film buffs who prefer alternate cinema desperately wait for sensible films laced with high cinematic values. And when such films hit the screens once in a while, they immediately patronize such films with positive enthusiasm. The same is happening with Nani’s Ugadi release, ‘Yevade Subramanyam’.
Even though the film was released in very few screens in the US due to the delay in content delivery, ‘Yevade Subramanyam’ has been running to packed houses and the latest we hear is that the crowds are giving a standing ovation at the end of each show.
This clearly shows the audiences’ thirst for quality films and there is no doubt that this gesture will inspire other filmmakers to try out something new. Meanwhile, ‘Yevade Subramanyam’ is doing extremely well in all the multiplexes across the Telugu states.
- Is Nayanthara and Vignesh Shivan’s marriage on the cards?
- Legendary composer’s musical night to raise funds
- Superstar extends support to Mr. Majnu
- Keeravaani praises Thaman for his latest chartbuster
- Vikram’s Saamy completes censor; All set for Sep 21 release