Akshay Kumar, one of Bollywood’s highest earning and popular actor, has decided to put an end to the citizenship row. In the past few months, Akshay Kumar has been criticized repeatedly for his hyper-nationalistic image on and off screen when he himself is a Canadian citizen. Further, the criticism became stronger when he didn’t vote in the recent general elections.
Putting an end to all this, Akshay Kumar spoke at an event recently and explained the circumstances under which he had to apply for Canadian passport. “A long time ago, I thought my career would end when I had 14 back to back flops. When I spoke to a friend in Canada, he suggested that I apply for a Canadian passport so that I can come and work there. I did all that, and then my 15th film was a hit. I didn’t have to look back after that,” Akshay Kumar revealed.
He also stated that he was upset that his citizenship has come under scanner every time he has spoken about his love for the country. “I am upset that I am being asked to show a piece of paper as proof when I talk about my motherland. I don’t want to get into all that now. So, I have decided to apply for Indian citizenship and passport, which I will get soon,” Akshay Kumar said.
Articles that might interest you:
- World Famous Lover’s ‘My Love’ is filled with breezy romance
- Ala Vaikunthapurramuloo’s stupendous feat in Nizam; Enters 30 Cr club
- Sarileru enters 30 Cr club; Mahesh’s never before record in Nizam
- Trivikram fulfilled my wish to score a industry hit with my father: Allu Arjun
- Pawan Kalyan’s Pink remake goes on floors
- Puri, Vijay Deverakonda kick-start Fighter in Mumbai