Released in 2005, Super Star Rajinikanth’s horror comedy, Chandramukhi, went on to become a huge blockbuster. Directed by veteran filmmaker P Vasu, the film also had Prabhu, Nayanthara and Jyothika in lead roles. The film itself was a remake of the 1993 Malayalam super hit, Manichitrathazhu, starring Mohanlal, Sobhana and Suresh Gopi in lead roles.
Now, after 15 long years, Chandramukhi is getting a sequel. Star choreographer turned actor-filmmaker Lawrence will play the main lead in Chandramukhi 2. Lawrence took to social media yesterday and made this big announcement. P Vasu will once again don the director’s hat for the second installment. Leading Tamil production house Sun Pictures will bankroll this project. More details will be announced soon.
Articles that might interest you:
- Aakasame Nee Haddu Raa to be remade in Hindi?
- Positive reports for Allari Naresh’s Naandi
- Saaho disappoints on the small screen as well
- Balayya-Boyapati film resumes finally
- Rajasekhar recovering; To be moved out of ICU
- Chay, Samantha’s amusing banter about kids