Deepika Padukone, one of the most popular and highest paid actresses in India, has shocked everyone with her makeover for her upcoming film, Chappak. Directed by Meghana Gulzar, the film will portray Deepika as an acid-attack victim turned activist.
Inspired from the life of acid attack survivor Laxmi Agarwal, the film has grabbed eyeballs ever since Deepika came onboard, and she said that it will remain her most favourite character in her career. Vikrant Massey is paired opposite Deepika in this film.
Having directed a film like Raazi last year, Meghana Gulzar has become one of the most exciting filmmakers in the industry today. With Chappak, both Meghana and Deepika are all set to make a bold statement about their choice of films. The film, Deepika confirmed, will release on January 10, 2020.
A character that will stay with me forever…#Malti
Shoot begins today!#Chhapaak
— Deepika Padukone (@deepikapadukone) March 25, 2019
Articles that might interest you:
- Tamil hero Vishnu Vishal’s charming look from Aranya out now
- Aditi Rao Hydari defends Samantha, but keeps mum about Maha Samudram
- Chiru’s leaked look causes a concern to Chiru152 makers
- Poll : Which genre films should Vijay Deverakonda do?
- Crazy update-Mahesh’s cameo in a mega hero film?
- Bollywood producers running away from star director