The 64th National Film awards that were announced yesterday have been mired in a huge controversy over the jury’s choice in choosing some of the winners. Akshay Kumar winning the Best Actor award for Rustom has received a huge criticism.
Many opined that Akshay Kumar’s proximity to director Priyadarshan who headed this year’s jury is the main reason behind his award. Adding fuel to the fire, star Tamil director AR Murugadoss took to Twitter and questioned the jury’s partiality and influence and went on to term it biased.
Incidentally, AR Murugadoss had worked with Akshay Kumar on Thuppaki’s Bollywood remake, Holiday.
Can clearly witness the influence & partiality of people in jury, it's biased.
— A.R.Murugadoss (@ARMurugadoss) April 8, 2017
Articles that might interest you:
- Tamannaah ready to keep aside her ‘no kissing’ policy for this hero
- Samantha makes a big statement about her director
- Akhil keeps Telugu directors on hold for Tamil filmmaker?
- Allu Arjun-Sukumar film to be shot in this picturesque Southeast Asian country
- Is this the reason behind Anushka’s exit from Mani Ratnam’s Ponniyin Selvan?
- Controversial actress announces her entry into politics