In a highly appreciated gesture that touched millions of his fans and even common people, Bollywood action hero Akshay Kumar donated Rs.1.08 crores to the families of the martyred Indian Army soldiers.
Akshay announced a compensation of 9 lakhs each to the families of twelve CRPF jawans who lost their lives in an encounter with the extremists in the Sukuma district, Chattisgarh.
Akshay, who had recently launched an app for the welfare of soldiers, said that it’s his responsibility as an Indian citizen to standby the soldiers’ families in these testing times.
Articles that might interest you:
- Vijay Devarakonda wants this star to be in Terminator series
- Which heroine will star in Puri Jagan’s next?
- Prabhas gives new ultimatum for Saaho makers
- Poll : Will Samantha do a better job than Trisha in 96 remake?
- Mahesh Babu to launch Meeku Maatrame Chepta trailer
- Ramya Krishna’s key role in Akash Puri’s Romantic