It’s well-known that a sequel to the Shankar-Kamal Haasan’s 1996 blockbuster patriotic drama, Bharatheeyudu, is in the pipeline. Leading Tamil production house Lyca Productions will bankroll this much-awaited sequel with a huge budget.
As per the latest buzz in Tamil film circles, star heroine Nayanthara is said to be the front-runner to grab the leading lady’s role. It is also being speculated that Bharatheeyudu 2 will begin in Hong Kong, where Bharatheeyudu ended.
Kamal and Shankar will take the project on floors in the second half of 2018 once they are relieved from Vishwaroopam 2 and 2.0 respectively. Stay tuned for more interesting updates.
Articles that might interest you:
- Shankar hints at film with another star
- Bigg Boss contestant’s Hindi debut
- Vijay Deverakonda’s Bollywood debut with Puri Jagan, Karan Johar
- Sarileru’s Suryudivo Chandrudivo is a beautiful melody
- Keerthy Suresh on cloud nine about her magical milestone
- Madhuri Dixit to make Netflix debut