Senior Tamil director and FEFSI President RK Selvamani has lambasted the Kollywood film stars who have not come forward and donated to provide relief to all the cine workers who have lost livelihood during the ongoing lockdown amid Coronavirus pandemic. “Most of the actors and actresses have forgotten humanity this lockdown,” Selvamani lamented.
“Nearly 25,000 employees are part of FEFSI and 18,000 out of them are daily wagers. They can’t make their ends meet for the day unless they work. So far, only Rs 1.65 crores has been collected in the form of cash. Also, 1,983 bags of 25 kgs rice have been donated to FEFSI. With this, we can give each worker only Rs 500 and a few kgs of rice, which is not enough. Film stars in other states are donating in crores, but our stars have forgotten humanity,” Selvamani said.
Articles that might interest you:
- Thimmarasu and Ishq lock digital streaming partners
- Much-awaited RRR’s Dosti song impresses big-time
- Photo Moment: Anushka, Virat’s group picture with Indian cricketers
- Bobby reveals the main inspiration for Chiranjeevi’s film
- Vijay Sethupathi signs yet another Telugu flick?
- Star couple’s hospital visit leads to speculations of pregnancy