The strike called by the Film Employees’ Federation of South India (FEFSI) following differences with the Tamil Film Producer’s Council (TFPC) over wages entered second day. Almost all the shootings and post-production work, including Rajinikanth’s Kaala, Ajith’s Vivegam and Vijay’s Mersal, are disrupted due to the ongoing strike.
Acting quickly on the standoff, Super Star Rajinikanth objected to the strike and requested the representatives of both FEFSI and TFPC to end the dispute with “unconditional talks”.
“Strike is one among the words I don’t like. A solution can be found for any issue without giving space to personal egos and keeping in mind the general good. This is my humble request as a senior artiste,” Rajini said in a statement today.
FEFSI called for a strike on Tuesday after TFPC refused to budge from its decision to not hire employees who are members of FEFSI. The dispute erupted when several members of FEFSI recently stalled a film’s shooting, demanding a pay hike.
Articles that might interest you:
- Juicy update on Nani’s ‘Meet Cute’
- Photo Moment: Mahesh Babu wishes Koratala Siva with a super cool picture
- Producer locked for Boyapati-Suriya film?
- Goodachari stunt masters for star hero’s next?
- Raashi Khanna turns psycho killer for her next?
- Poll : Which of these star heroines should do a web series?