Super Star Rajinikanth’s forthcoming release, an intense gangster drama titled Kaala, is being eagerly awaited by his fans. The film is slated for release on April 27 and all eyes are on the actor’s role of a slumlord turned political leader.
Meanwhile, the latest update on Kaala’s satellite rights deal is catching everyone’s attention. Apparently, leading national entertainment channel Star TV has bagged Kaala’s Tamil, Telugu and Hindi satellite rights for a whopping 75 crores. This deal is next only to Rajini’s 2.0 (110 Crs), Baahubali 2 (100 Crs) and Dangal (75 Crs).
Kaala is directed by Kabali fame Pa Ranjith. Rajini’s son-in-law and Tamil star Dhanush has produced the movie. The film features several popular Tamil, Telugu and Bollywood actors. Lyca Productions had acquired the film’s theatrical rights for a whopping 125 crores.
- Shocking response for Priya Prakash Varrier’s new song
- Kajal teams up with Jayam Ravi
- “Samantha was super tensed on Sep 13,” Nag reveals
- Taapsee’s epic reply to a netizen who asked her to marry him
- Kamal Haasan urges students to join politics