Jigelu Rani, the super hit special song in Ram Charan-Sukumar’s blockbuster Rangasthalam, was a chartbuster. The song was sung by Ganta Venkata Lakshmi, a Burrakatha artiste from a small village near Anakapalli, Visakhapatnam.
Recently, Ganta Venkata Lakshmi alleged that she was not paid a single penny for singing Jigelu Rani. Venkata Lakshmi revealed that she went to Chennai on her own expenses to record the song, but a mediator cheated her by not giving her remuneration.
Upon knowing this, director Sukumar reportedly sent Rs 1 lakh to Ganta Venkata Lakshmi. The singer expressed her happiness and requested the film industry to offer more opportunities to other aspiring singers like her.
- Star heroine has no objections to her biopic
- Action King’s 150th film to release on a festive occasion
- Mahesh Babu to promote Sudheer Babu again
- Poll: In which of these genres should Allu Arjun do a film next?
- Geetha Govindam rakes good money in just three days