Jigelu Rani, the super hit special song in Ram Charan-Sukumar’s blockbuster Rangasthalam, was a chartbuster. The song was sung by Ganta Venkata Lakshmi, a Burrakatha artiste from a small village near Anakapalli, Visakhapatnam.
Recently, Ganta Venkata Lakshmi alleged that she was not paid a single penny for singing Jigelu Rani. Venkata Lakshmi revealed that she went to Chennai on her own expenses to record the song, but a mediator cheated her by not giving her remuneration.
Upon knowing this, director Sukumar reportedly sent Rs 1 lakh to Ganta Venkata Lakshmi. The singer expressed her happiness and requested the film industry to offer more opportunities to other aspiring singers like her.
- F2 teaser- Looks solid fun
- Younge heroine becomes the most searched Indian celeb on Google
- Poll: Birthday Special : Which is your favorite Rajinikanth character?
- Star hero denies being a part of Ravi Teja’s next
- Record 100 crore pre-release business for a Malayalam film