Jigelu Rani, the super hit special song in Ram Charan-Sukumar’s blockbuster Rangasthalam, was a chartbuster. The song was sung by Ganta Venkata Lakshmi, a Burrakatha artiste from a small village near Anakapalli, Visakhapatnam.
Recently, Ganta Venkata Lakshmi alleged that she was not paid a single penny for singing Jigelu Rani. Venkata Lakshmi revealed that she went to Chennai on her own expenses to record the song, but a mediator cheated her by not giving her remuneration.
Upon knowing this, director Sukumar reportedly sent Rs 1 lakh to Ganta Venkata Lakshmi. The singer expressed her happiness and requested the film industry to offer more opportunities to other aspiring singers like her.
- Young hero’s appreciable gesture for cyclone victims
- NTR dedicates Aravindha’s success to his father
- Young beauty adopts a government school
- Nagarjuna wraps up Brahmastra shoot in London
- Sarkar’s Hindi satellite rights deal sets a non-Baahubali record