Jigelu Rani, the super hit special song in Ram Charan-Sukumar’s blockbuster Rangasthalam, was a chartbuster. The song was sung by Ganta Venkata Lakshmi, a Burrakatha artiste from a small village near Anakapalli, Visakhapatnam.
Recently, Ganta Venkata Lakshmi alleged that she was not paid a single penny for singing Jigelu Rani. Venkata Lakshmi revealed that she went to Chennai on her own expenses to record the song, but a mediator cheated her by not giving her remuneration.
Upon knowing this, director Sukumar reportedly sent Rs 1 lakh to Ganta Venkata Lakshmi. The singer expressed her happiness and requested the film industry to offer more opportunities to other aspiring singers like her.
Articles that might interest you:
- Pawan-Rana’s Ayyappanum Koshiyum remake to go on floors
- Mahesh Babu’s SVP starts rolling in Dubai
- RRR update at 2 PM- What could it be?
- Raashi Khanna joins Andhadhun remake
- Pooja Hegde’s never before seen role in Chiranjeevi’s Acharya
- Star actress to play Prabhas’ leading lady in Salaar