Jigelu Rani, the super hit special song in Ram Charan-Sukumar’s blockbuster Rangasthalam, was a chartbuster. The song was sung by Ganta Venkata Lakshmi, a Burrakatha artiste from a small village near Anakapalli, Visakhapatnam.
Recently, Ganta Venkata Lakshmi alleged that she was not paid a single penny for singing Jigelu Rani. Venkata Lakshmi revealed that she went to Chennai on her own expenses to record the song, but a mediator cheated her by not giving her remuneration.
Upon knowing this, director Sukumar reportedly sent Rs 1 lakh to Ganta Venkata Lakshmi. The singer expressed her happiness and requested the film industry to offer more opportunities to other aspiring singers like her.
Articles that might interest you:
- Gopichand Malineni facing the heat because of Disco Raja
- I didn’t want a hi-fi launch for my son says, noted producer
- Jaanu trailer today-All eyes on Samantha
- Poll : Which among these biggest hits in Tollywood is your favorite?
- PSPK 27 formally launched: To roll on from this date
- Ashwathama’s censor done-runtime locked