Jigelu Rani, the super hit special song in Ram Charan-Sukumar’s blockbuster Rangasthalam, was a chartbuster. The song was sung by Ganta Venkata Lakshmi, a Burrakatha artiste from a small village near Anakapalli, Visakhapatnam.
Recently, Ganta Venkata Lakshmi alleged that she was not paid a single penny for singing Jigelu Rani. Venkata Lakshmi revealed that she went to Chennai on her own expenses to record the song, but a mediator cheated her by not giving her remuneration.
Upon knowing this, director Sukumar reportedly sent Rs 1 lakh to Ganta Venkata Lakshmi. The singer expressed her happiness and requested the film industry to offer more opportunities to other aspiring singers like her.
Articles that might interest you:
- Sixer King Yuvraj Singh’s heartfelt birthday wishes to Balayya
- Poll : What’s your take on NBK’s Bhagavanth Kesari teaser?
- Bhagavanth Kesari teaser: Balakrishna roars like a lion
- Lavanya Tripathi discloses an interesting fact about her relationship with Varun Tej
- Confirmed: Young Telugu director’s next to be an action thriller
- Noted Tamil actor playing a vital role in Pawan Kalyan’s OG?
Ad : Teluguruchi - Learn.. Cook.. Enjoy the Tasty food