Released on February 12, debut director Buchi Babu Sana’s intense romantic drama, Uppena, impressed movie lovers and went on to become a huge blockbuster. On the film’s release date itself, Buchi’s mentor and star director Sukumar had predicted that Uppena will enter the Rs 100 crore club.
And Sukumar’s prediction has come true eventually. Uppena’s production house Mythri Movie Makers today announced that the film has collected a whopping Rs 100 crore worldwide gross. This Vaishnav Tej and Krithi Shetty-starrer has collected a solid share of over Rs 50 crore across the world. This is an all-time record feat by any Indian film starring debutants.
Time and again it is proved that nothing can stop Good Cinema ❤️#100CroreGrossForUppena 🌊
మీ ఉప్పెనంత ప్రేమకి ధన్యవాదాలు 🙏❤️#BlockbusterUppena#Uppena#PanjaVaisshnavTej @IamKrithiShetty @VijaySethuOffl @BuchiBabuSana @ThisIsDSP @aryasukku @SukumarWritings @adityamusic pic.twitter.com/lAWjiaVjc4
— Mythri Movie Makers (@MythriOfficial) March 6, 2021
Articles that might interest you:
- Seerat Kapoor shifts base to Mumbai – Here’s why?
- Naga Babu gifts a swanky new car to his son-in-law
- Noted heroine missing big-screen experience
- Priya Prakash Varrier opens up about Ishq
- Teaser of Adivi Sesh’s Major clocks 32 million views
- Aagalekapotunna from Ishq is a beautiful love song