Superstar Rajinikanth, Shankar’s magnum opus 2.0 was one of the biggest hits of 2018. At the time of its release, it was the most expensive film ever made in India, and it did quite well at the box office in Tamil, Telugu, and Hindi.
The latest news is that the film has been nominated for the prestigious 66th annual MPSE Golden Reel awards, which are held annually in the US. The awards honour the best of music, sound, and editing from films around the globe, and 2.0 has nominated in the sound editing – foreign language feature category.
The film’s sound designer, Resul Pookutty was elated with the news, and also revealed that it is the fifth time that his team has been nominated for their work over the years. “This is acceptance for India’s technical brilliance at the highest level,” Resul remarked about being nominated for the awards.
Absolutely delighted to announce #2Point0 is nominated for the highest recognition in Sound Design , Golden Reel Award at @mpseorg in USA, I’m elated… Indian Cinema march forward… thank you so much #TeamCanaries @shankarshanmugh @arrahman @rajinikanth pic.twitter.com/cLb9UYWkph
— resul pookutty (@resulp) January 19, 2019
Articles that might interest you:
- Entha Manchivadavuraa’s latest worldwide collections
- Sudheer Babu’s look from ‘V’ to be out on this date
- KTR is all praise for Thaman
- Interesting title in consideration for Venkatesh’s Asuran remake
- Press Note : Choosi Choodangaane Overseas By Nirvana Cinemas
- RRR in an exciting phase, star hero joins the shoot